Kalgoorlie Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Kalgoorlie?
Tourist Attractions in and around Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie, a city located in the heart of Western Australia, is often called the ‘Golden City’ because of its rich history in gold mining. Apart from its heritage in mining, the city is home to diverse landscapes, from vast deserts to lush greenery, making it a popular tourist destination.
As you plan your trip to Kalgoorlie, here are some of the must-visit places and experiences that you won’t want to miss:
1. The Super Pit – The Super Pit is the largest open-cut gold mine in Australia, and one of the biggest in the world. It is one of the major attractions in Kalgoorlie, and rightly so. The view from the lookout point provides a unique perspective on the mining process and the sheer scale of the operation.
Location: Hainault Road, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9022 1100
2. The Western Australian Museum Kalgoorlie-Boulder – The museum is a cultural treasure that provides insights into Kalgoorlie's rich history, including the indigenous culture, mining, and the challenging lifestyle of early settlers.
Location: 17 Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9021 8533
3. Karlkurla Bushland Park – A unique feature of Kalgoorlie is the Karlkurla Bushland Park, which is home to native flora and fauna in the Goldfields region. The park has many walking trails, picnic areas, and barbecue facilities, making it an ideal place to spend a relaxing day.
Location: Great Eastern Hwy, Karlkurla WA 6430
Phone: +61 488 068 670
4. Hammond Park – Hammond Park is a great place to relax and unwind. The lush greenery, picnic and barbecue areas, and play equipment make it a family-friendly destination. The park also has a giant slide, which is a thrilling experience for kids and adults alike.
Location: Wilson Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9021 9610
5. Mount Charlotte Reservoir and Lookout – Located on top of the hill, the Mount Charlotte Reservoir and Lookout provide a panoramic view of Kalgoorlie. The lookout point also has information boards that detail the history of Kalgoorlie and the surrounding region.
Location: Great Eastern Hwy, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9021 9636
6. Boulder Town Hall – The Boulder Town Hall is a historic building that has been beautifully restored. The building's architecture depicts the heritage of the early 1900s, providing an insight into the history of Kalgoorlie.
Location: Burt St, Boulder WA 6432
Phone: +61 8 9021 9600
7. Australian Prospectors and Miners Hall of Fame – The Australian Prospectors and Miners Hall of Fame is a museum that depicts the history of Goldfields mining. The museum features interactive exhibits that provide a unique experience of the Goldfields region.
Location: 8–10 Burt Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9022 1664
8. Piccadilly Cinema – The Piccadilly Cinema is a heritage-listed cinema that has been operating since 1938. The cinema still shows a mix of new releases and classic films, providing a unique movie experience.
Location: 60 Burt St, Boulder WA 6432
Phone: +61 8 9091 1115
9. Kalgoorlie-Boulder Racing Club – The Kalgoorlie-Boulder Racing Club provides a unique horse racing experience. The club hosts several events throughout the year, including the Kalgoorlie Cup, which is Western Australia's richest non-metropolitan race.
Location: 100 Egan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9021 2303
10. Hannans North Tourist Mine – The Hannans North Tourist Mine is a replica of an early Goldfields mine. Visitors can go underground, pan for gold, and explore the history of gold mining in the region.
Location: Goldfields Highway, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9022 1664
These are just a few of the many exciting tourist attractions in and around Kalgoorlie. Each location offers a unique experience, and together they provide an excellent introduction to the city's rich heritage, culture, and natural beauty. Plan your trip to Kalgoorlie today and discover the Golden City for yourself.
Kalgoorlie Tourism Articles