Kalgoorlie Local Services
Kalgoorlie ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Kalgoorlie site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Kalgoorlie Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Kalgoorlie When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Kalgoorlie Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Kalgoorlie Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Kalgoorlie ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Kalgoorlie and a Place to Meet
The kalgoorlie.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie, located in the goldfields region of Western Australia, is a city rich in history and culture. Here are some interesting facts about this bustling mining town.
1. The Super Pit, located in Kalgoorlie, is one of the largest open-cut gold mines in the world. It produces over 700,000 ounces of gold each year.
2. Kalgoorlie was once home to the largest red-light district in the southern hemisphere. Known as Hay Street, it was home to over 100 brothels during the gold rush.
3. The town was founded in 1893 when a prospector named Paddy Hannan discovered gold in the area. By 1903, Kalgoorlie had a population of over 30,000 people.
4. In 2018, a 1.3 million-year-old meteorite was found near Kalgoorlie. It is the oldest known meteorite discovered in Australia.
5. Kalgoorlie is home to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, which provides medical assistance and emergency transport to people living in remote parts of Western Australia.
6. The town was named after two nearby gold mines - the Kalgoorlie and the Boulder. The mines were named after two Irish towns, Kalgoorlie and Bolder, respectively.
7. In 2019, a 1,400-kilogram gold nugget was found just outside of Kalgoorlie. It was the largest gold nugget discovered in the area in over 100 years.
8. The Golden Pipeline, completed in 1903, was built to transport water from Perth to Kalgoorlie. The pipeline is still in use today and is the longest freshwater pipeline in the world.
9. Kalgoorlie is home to the annual Race Round, a three-day horse racing event that attracts thousands of visitors each year.
10. The town has a rich Aboriginal history, with the traditional owners of the land being the Wongatha people. Today, there are many cultural tours available in Kalgoorlie that offer visitors an insight into Aboriginal culture and history.